Happy Monday!

Monday, September 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I did a little crafting yesterday. I have been wanting to get to the book store and buy myself a cute journal for a couple weeks and just haven't had time to do it. Then I got to thinking yesterday... why not just make one. I had all the supplies I needed. A hard back book I bought at the Half Price Books store for a $1 (bought it because I liked the font so I cut words out of it to use in my jewelry and collage art), jewelry making supplies, antique buttons, watercolor paper... etc.

I started out like this:


Crafting today. Transforming this $1 book from Half Price Books into my new Journal

And ended with this:

This

It was a brand new perfect book so I had to distress it by using sand paper on it. I think it came out pretty. I have some watercolor paper that I am journaling on then I will apply it to two thicknesses of the book pages. It will be part regular journal and part art journal. I am going to tie  bits of yarns that I am working with in it as a journal of my knitting projects and bits and pieces of fabrics from my clothes and quilts that I am sewing.

That was super fun! Silly thing took me all afternoon.

The new blouse I am working on is going to be this Rayon by AMH I adore it... the color is so vibrant IRL.


Did you see the Newsletter? I sent it out a couple days ago. You can find it here: The Intrepid Thread Newsletter

Tomorrow I am going to share with you a new blog that I found that really inspires me.

Have a great Monday!

Julie


1 comment on "Happy Monday!"

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature